10 Hair Restoration and Hair Loss Facts You Need To Know
- Over 300,000 hair restoration procedures are performed each year worldwide.
- 86% of hair transplant patients are males.
- The average patient receives 3 procedures to achieve their desired result.
- The average age of hair restoration patients was 38 years old.
- Average number of hair grafts per session = 2,000.
- Top 4 most effective ways to find a hair restoration physician:
Word of mouth
Other physicians referral
- The top two technological advances physicians believe will drastically impact hair restoration treatment:
Cloning/stem cell therapy/tissue engineering
- 49% of all hair restoration consultations lead to a surgical procedure.
- Percent of patients by treatment need:
85.9% – Genetic hair loss
7.3% – Reconstructive needs
4.2% – Post-cosmetic surgery needs
1.1% – Transgender needs
1.5% – Other reasons
- The male celebrity that physicians would most like to perform hair restoration on: Prince William.
Monday - Thursday: 8am - 5pm
Friday: 8am - 4pm